BACKEND DEVELOPER (JAVA)
About the position
Our long-standing client has a Backend Developer vacancy. This position will be responsible for the implementation of enterprise-grade software products. If you are looking for a long-term commitment and a new challenge, make sure you apply!
What will you do?
- Develop new exciting web products, interfaces, and integrations
- Build new features / APIs and enhance existing ones
- Cooperate within an Agile Scrum team
- Learn how to write small features and deploy them
What’s the necessary experience level?
- 5+ years of experience in backend development in JDK based technologies
- Experience in software design and architecture
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise-grade customer / product development set-up (or the ability to quickly adopt the skills necessary for designing, documenting, and hardening software for sustainable and maintainable products)
- 3+ years of experience with JPA and various Spring frameworks
- System integration through standard protocols like REST and JMS/Kafka
What about your skills?
- Solid communication skills in English
- Willingness to learn new stuff (business and technology)
- Get-the-work-done attitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Awareness for privacy and data security concerns of large international companies
- Sense for technology choices with respect to long term maintainability and scalability of the development work force (recent, but mature technologies rather than "latest and greatest" niche frameworks), in order to assure long-term maintainability of the code base
- "Coding-for-the-people" attitude—Readable code is a priority (keep in mind that others need to jump in easily as well in the future)
Would be a plus!
- Knowledge of JBoss Drools is a big plus
- Experience in DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Skills in Single Sign-On mechanisms (OAuth 2.0, SAML, etc.), preferable in combination with Spring Security
- Experience with OpenAPI
Why you'll love working here?
- An opportunity to work for a consulting and product start-up without the constraints of rigid hierarchies and a clear vision for their objectives and products
- Room to develop and express your creativity, inventiveness, and problem-solving skills
- A chance to work with (and learn) a vast variety of technologies, not just “bleeding-edge”, but also mature and widely used ones
- Collaboration with senior peer colleagues from diverse international and academic backgrounds that love to teach and learn
- A chance to take over the responsibility for certain processes (depending on your expertise and experience level)
- Positive working atmosphere amongst competent, highly motivated, and open-minded colleagues
- Short decision paths and room for your own creativity
- Sports, team buildings, conferences, and events
- Birthday cake :)