Java Developer (Frontend/Backend/FullStack)
About the position
Our long-standing client has a few Java Developer vacancies. This position will be responsible for the development of our client’s software system and user interface, as well as the implementation of new functions. If you are looking for a long-term commitment and a new challenge, make sure you apply!
What will you do?
- Develop new exciting web products, interfaces, and integrations
- Build new features / APIs and enhance existing ones
- Cooperate within an Agile Scrum team
- Learn how to write small features and deploy them
What’s the necessary experience level?
- 5+ years of experience in backend development in JDK based technologies
- Experience in software design and architecture
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise-grade customer / product development set-up (or the ability to quickly adopt the skills necessary for designing, documenting, and hardening software for sustainable and maintainable products)
- 3+ years of experience with JPA and various Spring frameworks
- System integration through standard protocols like REST and JMS/Kafka
Would be a plus!
- Knowledge of JBoss Drools is a big plus
- Experience in DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Skills in Single Sign-On mechanisms (OAuth 2.0, SAML, etc.), preferable in combination with Spring Security
- Experience with OpenAPI
What about skills & experience?
- Knowledge of SWT/JFace frontend toolkits (GUI technology)
- Experience with Angular.js and related UI components
- Close familiarity with JSF-based Web framework (JBoss RichFaces)
- Thorough knowledge of Java 11, Eclipse concepts, and experience with plug-in development
- Proficiency in using Spring Web Flow
- Solid familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, and PowerMock testing frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL database
- Familiarity with the following tools: Jenkins, Git, Elastic, Svagge
- Solid communication skills in English
- Willingness to learn new stuff (business and technology)
- Get-the-work-done attitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Awareness for privacy and data security concerns of large international companies
- Sense for technology choices with respect to long term maintainability and scalability of the development workforce (recent, but mature technologies rather than "latest and greatest" niche frameworks), in order to assure long-term maintainability of the code base
- "Coding-for-the-people" attitude—Readable code is a priority (keep in mind that others need to jump in easily as well in the future)